A critical role in Kids in Tech’s effort to engage, build confidence and inspire curiosity in our students.
Kids in Tech seeks a talented, enthusiastic, and diverse cohort of educators to serve as part-time Teaching Associates for the 2023-2024 academic year. As a Teaching Associate (TA), you will work in a school within the Lowell Public school district, serving as a 2nd shift educator in the school building or local youth serving agency. You will lead an elementary middle school classroom and deepen student learning to reinforce science and technology concepts to deliver project-based learning, and increase access to diverse career pathways in science and technology.
TAs work approximately 15-20 hours per week. Schedules vary by school or youth serving agencies, but all TAs will work Monday through Thursday for five hours in the afternoon. TAs should be available between 2:50pm to 6pm Monday- Thursday.
As a Teaching Associate, you will play a critical role in Kids in Tech’s effort to engage, build confidence and inspire curiosity in our students. You will be an ideal candidate for this position if you are an innovator, enjoy working and challenging young minds creatively. This is a part-time position reporting to the Program Manager.
Serving as a member of the Kids in Tech’s team means working in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Kids in Tech is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse team across our network. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.
- Inspire students to set and achieve ambitious academic and personal goals
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with families, colleagues, partner organizations, and school staff and administration to support student growth and hold students to consistently high expectations
- Create opportunities for students that strengthen the connection between academic success, college, and career.
- Teach and lead workshops, sessions
- Create lesson plans, learning materials, assignment materials, and more for afterschool tech club program
- Maintain accurate class records and support student placement process
- Maintain accurate campus information including contact information, campus calendars, campus schedules
- Collect and track student data in order to make decisions for individual students and the program
- Build and leverage relationships with students, families, volunteers, peers, and the school community
Plan and manage logistics for events both on- and off-campus
Compensation & Benefits
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Kids in Techs’ mission.
- Coaching skills and ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to build relationships and influence students, colleagues, and community members
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong detail orientation, time management, and organization skills
- Spanish skills a plus
- Strong team orientation and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Proactive attitude, out of the box thinking, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Desire and excitement to model Kids in Tech core values: The fundamental belief that all students can achieve academic and professional success +2 years experience working with youth, middle school youth
Qualifications & Experience
Teaching Associates receive training as part of their orientation to the role. All Teaching Associates will have opportunities for professional development and growth. The hourly wage for this position is $15-$24, depending on your experience.
Kids in Tech helps all students to thrive in school and beyond through hands-on learning and career mentors. Our vision is that all students have experiences and career mentors that ignite curiosity, build confidence, and help them develop into the next generation of leaders. Together we are transforming education in school, after school, and across communities.
To learn more about our work, please visit www.kidsintech.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kids in Tech is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.