About the Role:
As Program Manager, you’ll play a vital role in developing plans and strategies to support the holistic growth of our program and participants. You will have the opportunity to create a strong operational foundation for the organization as it grows, including volunteer and teacher recruitment and support, program evaluation, and school partner recruitment and management. As Program Manager, you will use your effective communication capabilities, detail-orientation and instructional skills to facilitate and improve our growing programs. As both an educator and innovator at heart, the Program Manager will contribute to the design and implementation of Kids in Tech curriculum, pedagogical philosophies, and program policies.
The Program Manager will work closely with and report to the Founder; Founding President and CEO
Program Design, Delivery and Evaluation
- Research and develop a pedagogical approach for Kids in Tech programming and support curriculum design and implementation to ensure replicability and sustainability.
- Teach curriculum for onsite and virtual school Tech Club programming
- Create and sustain a healthy and safe learning environment for kids ages 8-14
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to devise and implement systems and processes for tracking, sharing and analyzing key metrics, related to students, instructors and volunteers, program satisfaction and impact such as the SAYO, PEAR and other measurement tools.
- Take initiative to innovate, launch, and rapidly iterate on new program initiatives to support the overall well-being and growth of kids ages 8-14.
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Coordinate the onboarding/recruitment process of young people, volunteers, and program staff
- Collaborate with program team( mix of part time, full time, contractors, and volunteers) to delegate work, manage to agreed upon goals and expectations, and provide frequent and relevant feedback
- Create mechanisms for ongoing communication across program team related to programmatic and student needs and opportunities
School Partnership Management and Expansion
- Create a list of potential school partners to consider for expansion within Lowell and to Boston
- Build productive relationships with school leaders and school-based service providers to maintain positive reputation for current school partners and new relationships for expansion efforts.
System Building and Operations:
- Design and implement systems for Kids in Tech to ensure program’s success in subsequent years related to:
- The collection and assessment of student evaluations and surveys from parents, volunteers and instructors
- Evaluate and coach program staff ( part time, full time, high school, and college students, and volunteers).
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Experience designing and teaching job-readiness and STEAM project-based curriculum for kids ages 5-14
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, enthusiasm for developing productive working relationships across a wide variety of individuals and groups, both internally and externally
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple, diverse and on-going projects, ability to focus on big picture ideas as well as the many details of project management and staff supervision
- Ability and willingness to occasionally work evenings or weekends for events, Board meetings, etc.
- Prior experience successfully working, engaging or volunteering with under resourced populations, diverse communities and individuals who speak languages other than English
- Experience in public speaking, leading and facilitating workshops and trainings
- Exceptional organizational skills, detail orientation, and ability to prioritize
- Ability to develop authentic connections and relationships across a variety of constituents and community members, demonstrating cultural awareness and humility with consistency and ease
- Comfort leveraging technology including proficiency with Zoom and G-Suite
- Knowledge and experience of data analysis, impact measurement, and reporting; experience with social emotional learning metrics preferred
- Spanish or Khmer fluency preferred
- Other duties as assigned